Currently racing GT cars for the Italian marque, Davide Rigon is the only two time champion of the Superleague formula series in addition to also racing in Formula Renault and Formula 3 earlier in his career. Alongside his racing exploits, Rigon devotes time to the Scuderia Ferrari F1 team where he develops their racing cars both on track and in the Simulator.
Davide Rigon recently took time out of his busy schedule to answer some questions for DW Motorsport.
- Dominik Wilde: After a tough 2011 with your injury, how did you find returning to driving?
Davide Rigon: It was really exciting. Initially it was a bit painful because my leg hurt, but after a few months, I soon found the right feel for the car and was back to a hundred percent.
- DW: Do you feel your injury in 2011 has had any bad effect on your career?
- DW: Was it difficult to adapt to the Ferrari GT car in 2012 after racing single seaters for so long?
|Rigon currently races Ferrari GT cars|
- DW: Currently, you are a development driver for Scuderia Ferrari. What does your role consist of? Many people don't know what a development driver does, are you able to give us an insight?
- DW: You are the only two time champion of the Superleague Formula, how do those cars compare to F1 cars?
|Rigon won a Superleague title in 2010|
- DW: You drove in the young driver test at Magny Cours last season, how was this experience? Was your test all about developing the car for the race drivers or did you get the chance to drive as you wanted?
- DW: Was there a big difference between your first F1 test in 2005 for Minardi and your Ferrari test in 2012?
|Rigon behind the wheel of the F2012|
- DW: Ferrari have a big team of drivers, is this a good thing? What are the other drivers like to work with?
- DW:Which drivers in Ferrari do you work with the most?
- DW: As an Italian, it must be a huge honour to work with Ferrari. What are your feeling every time you go to Maranello?
|'Driving a Ferrari Formula One Car was unforgettable'|
- DW: What are your plans for the 2013 season?
- DW: Outside of racing, what do you like to do?
- DW: What car do you drive on the road, away from the track?
- DW: What are your aims and dreams for the rest of your career?
I'd like to say a massive thank you to both Davide and Renato Bisignani at Scuderia Ferrari for granting my this interview and assisting me with it.
Images have been taken from Davide Rigon's Official site as well as f1fanatic from their coverage of last years young driver test. no copyright infinfringement is intended and any images can be quickly removed upon request.